The Old Vicarage Day Nursery FacebookThe Old Vicarage Day Nursery Twitter
The Old Vicarage Day Nursery
The Old Vicarage Day Nursery
The Old Vicarage Day Nursery
The Old Vicarage Day Nursery
The Old Vicarage Day Nursery
The Old Vicarage Day Nursery
The Old Vicarage Day Nursery
The Old Vicarage Day Nursery
The Old Vicarage Day Nursery


Where can I find your Ofsted report?

Please click here to view our latest inspection report.

How do you monitor access to the nursery?

The front door is staffed at all times, parents are required to give their name on the monitor prior to gain entry to the nursery.  Parents are not allowed to let other parents onto the premises.  No one is allowed access to the building without being acknowledged by a member of staff.

Do the pre-school children go on outings?

Occasionally but we always require parental permission before doing so.  The ratio on outings is one member of staff to two children.

What do I need to bring with my child to nursery?

Water resistant and high factor sun cream, sun hat, wellies, spare clothes & nappies, bottles and formula if necessary.

How will I settle my child into nursery?

We run settling in sessions which increase in length, so that a child can gradually become accustomed to the new routine and surroundings. If a child still has problems settling in we will discuss this with their parent/carers.

Can I see your policies and procedures?

A copy of all our policies and procedures are available for you to read. The most relevant policies will be given to you in your parent’s handbook.

What if my child has an accident?

We have an accident policy in place and all staff are aware of the procedures to follow. A large number of staff have first aid qualifications that are specifically for pediatrics. We inform you of any accident involving your child and ask you to sign the accident book.

If my child is unwell are they allowed to attend?

We have a strict illness and infection policy with periods of exclusion for contagious infections. However, a cough and cold and regular childhood illnesses can be managed. If any medicine is to be administered, prior consent must be given.

My child has asthma. Is that a problem?

No. We are able to administer inhalers with your consent. Ideally it is worth having an extra inhaler to leave
at nursery at all times.

What child to staff ratios do you follow?

We follow the Ofsted requirements, which are as follows:

0 to 2 years: 1 staff: 3 children

2 to 3 years: 1 staff: 4 children

3 to 4 years: 1 staff: 8 children

Do you cater for dietary requirements?

Our cook is very experienced at catering for all dietary requirements. If necessary we will have a meeting with you to discuss your childs dietary requirements.

My child has Additional Needs?

We operate a comprehensive SEN and Inclusion policy. Our nursery SENCO has a great deal of experience of dealing with children with additional needs. We will work collaboratively with parents and other professionals to ensure the needs of your child are met.

How does the free entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds work?

The childcare grant is available for all children from the term after their third birthday and up to 15 hours per week can be claimed.

As a provider registered with Warrington Borough Council and Ofsted we are eligible to claim the grant on your behalf. As parents, you will need to complete and sign a parent contract form stating how many sessions you are claiming. The full 15 hours entitlement must be taken over a minimum of two days per week. The maximum entitlement in a single day per week is 10 hours with the minimum claim being 2.5 hours. This can be claimed over 38 weeks of the year.

Can I use Child Care Vouchers?

Yes. The cost of your childcare can be taken out of your salary before the NI and Tax contributions are calculated. This is done through your employer registering on one of the many childcare voucher schemes. You can off set up to £243 per parent per month, gaining a saving of £1100 per annum.
Your employer deducts your childcare figure from your salary and then forwards the amount for the childcare to the nominated voucher scheme. The nominated scheme will send you a paper voucher, which you pay to us with any outstanding balance. If your voucher scheme is electronically released, please check your payments are being sent.

Is it ok to book extra days for my child?

Yes, providing there is a space available for your child.

Can I call the Nursery if I am worried about how my child is settling?

Yes, you are welcome to call the nursery at any time, you can go directly through to your child’s room using an extension number. You can also text or ask us to text you to let you know how your child is doing.

Please click here to view our latest inspection report